Revenue Cycle Trainer
Full-Time Remote, In Office or Hybrid Opportunity
Reporting to the Learning Services Director, the Revenue Cycle Trainer is responsible for delivering in-depth, complex revenue cycle education to new and existing AR Staffing Specialists. Providing classroom instruction to OS Inc Team members on a variety of revenue cycle topics, the emphasis of this role is to educate team members on the revenue cycle concepts, technology and software applications used by clients and OS inc best practices needed to know to perform their jobs. The Revenue Cycle Trainer will use a variety of instructional techniques to meet educational objectives. Will create and/or assist in the development and refinement of training and resource materials. The Revenue Cycle Trainer will be an example to new and existing team members on living the core values, the mission and vision of OS inc. as evidenced in their work, communication, and professional goals. He or she must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of contacts at all levels of the organization.
We have a group of people aspiring to be subject matter experts in all thing’s medical claims, who love technology, can critically think, who are fast moving and productive and who get geeked out on resolving claims. Our culture is a low ego atmosphere as no job is too small for us to handle. We are competitive in spirit and love to work hard and play hard.
Your Primary Responsibilities
Reimbursement Revenue Cycle Training
- Responsible for the development of a 12-week training plan for new revenue cycle staff and the client project in which the team member is assigned.
- Delivers appropriate training of new employees and re-training for current employees to assure competency in revenue cycle operations.
- Conducts 1:1 training for new and existing staff on AR processes and OS inc. best practices.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of training activities and the progress of learners; provide feedback to leadership on team members who are particularly excelling or struggling.
- Provides input on opportunities for adjustment to course content.
- Assists in developing, executing, and maintaining revenue cycle skill building training strategies.
- Presents classroom courses during new team member onboarding.
- Works with the Learning Services Director when retraining needs have been identified and provide suggestions for course content and different training strategies.
- New AR staff members report to the Revenue Cycle Trainer for 12 weeks.
- Establish training plan, goals, and monitors progress for new and existing revenue cycle team members.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training as evidenced by the success of the trainee’s job performance.
- Effectively coordinates the monitoring of assigned staff for quality and productivity with management.
- Establishes a new team member client account project audit schedule.
- Coordinates revenue cycle management quality audit to validate competency and reports findings and recommendations.
- Delivers results of audits to team member and identifies potential need for retraining.
- Using the Employee Development Spreadsheet, documents performance in training sessions, competencies and provides real time feedback to the trainee.
- Provides training progress and feedback to trainee, Director of Learning Services, Director of Human Resources and the CSM of the project.
- Logs individual training sessions in the time and attendance system.
- Oversees competency assessment and skill checklist.
- Performs new employee weekly 1on 1 meeting.
Policy and Procedure Management
- Creation of general AR policy and procedures as assigned.
- Creation and maintenance of client specific job aides when required.
- Ensures that project resources are current and accurate.
Revenue Cycle Production
- Completes project follow up production as assigned within project budgeted hours
- Meets resolution rate competencies for the project work assigned.
- Creates an inspiring environment with an open communication culture
- Collaborates with compliance department to ensure OS and its team members are meeting standards and mitigating risk for both the company and its clients
- Listens to team member feedback and resolves and/or communicates issues or conflicts
- Inspires the trust and respect of the team as he/she consistently displays the core values of OS inc.
Education and/or Experience
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle billing, claims or clearinghouse setting with demonstrated training skills preferred.
- The Revenue Cycle Trainer is a revenue cycle expert in the areas of ATB work, denials, and correspondence.
- Proficient in A/R functions across multiple payers and multiple billing and patient record systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet time sensitive deadlines and organize workload with general supervision.
- Effective critical thinking, creativity, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills, as well as experience in public speaking, teaching, adult learning principles and conflict resolution.
- Must be detail oriented and thorough with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products and ability to learn other applications proficiently.
- Positive relationships with team members.
- Must be able to communicate with a variety of contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to compose clear and accurate routine and non-routine correspondence.
- High school diploma or equivalent, related college degree is preferred.
AAHAM CRCP Certification or HBI Patient Financial Services Specialist Certification required to obtain within 1 year of acceptance of position. The Revenue Cycle Trainer will be an active member of OS Inc’s Compliance Operations Committee.
Job Type: Full-time, Remote, In Office or Hybrid